West Palm Beach, Fla. – It was a sunny Saturday at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches, but it was raining hits and runs for the Lynn University baseball team as the Fighting Knights cruised to a 20-3 win over Miles in non-conference action. Patrick Dorrian hit for the cycle for Lynn, going 4-for-4 with a single, double, triple and home run; he added seven RBIs and scored twice in the win.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 20, Miles 3
Records: Lynn (5-1), Miles (4-5)
Location: Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (Astros Field 6) | West Palm Beach, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads, 3-0 (First series between the teams)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Dorrian powered the offense with a career day, driving in seven runs to land in a tie for fourth place for most RBIs in a game in program history. The senior tied teammate Willie Seay as well as seven others. He is the fourth Lynn player to hit for the cycle under head coach Rudy Garbalosa.
- Seay posted a 3-for-4 day out of the leadoff spot, registering a double, two RBIs and three runs scored.
- Alec Ojeda had a team-high six plate appearances, tallying a pair of doubles with an RBI and two runs.
- Jake Rouse and Gabe Martinez each went 2-for-4 with a run on the day while Rouse added an RBI to his line.
- Anthony Sanabria went 1-for-4 out of the nine hole, hitting his first collegiate home run in the bottom of the eighth inning when he sent a two-run blast over the wall in right field. The freshman also drew a walk and scored twice in the win.
- Gabe Gomez clubbed Lynn's third home run of the game in the bottom of the eighth inning, sending a no-doubt, three-run shot to right-center field to push the Fighting Knights' run total to 20.
- Rigo Beltran earned the win, going 5.0 innings and allowing three runs on three hits with a walk and three punch outs. Four Fighting Knight relievers combined to keep Miles scoreless the rest of the way.
- Lynn out-hit Miles 20-6 in the contest.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- The win completed a three-game sweep of Miles for the Fighting Knights who won both games in Friday's twin bill.
- 13 of Lynn's 20 hits went for extra bases in the game.
- Each of Lynn's final three pitchers faced the minimum of three batters.
- Connor Davis picked off the first opposing baserunner of the year for Lynn.
- The Fighting Knights' three home runs were the most in a single game for the team this year.
- In addition to his 1-2-3 inning on the mound, freshman Billy Facteau notched a triple at the plate.
- This is the third consecutive season in which Lynn has had at least one game in which it scored 20 or more runs.
The Blue and White are back in action on Tuesday night when they travel to Roger Dean Stadium to take on Palm Beach Atlantic for a non-conference battle. First pitch in Jupiter is slated for 6 p.m.