BOCA RATON, Fla. - Lynn University's baseball team spotted Saint Leo four runs in the first and could not recover, falling 7-4 to the Lions in the second game of the series. Alejandro Martinez smacked his first home run of the year and logged the only multi-hit game for the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Saint Leo 10, Lynn 6
Records: Saint Leo (8-2, 1-0 SSC), Lynn (7-5, 0-1 SSC)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Saint Leo leads 41-32
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Saint Leo sent 10 players to the plate as it scored four runs in the first. Starter Victor Danza (2-1) allowed four runs on four hits with two walks before giving way to Phillip Quinn.
- Quinn surrendered three runs in the second but settled down to toss 4.2 innings of relief with two walks and two ks.
- Alex Hernandez and Billy Facteau combined for 3.2 innings of scoreless relief.
- Saint Leo was held scoreless through the final seven frames.
- Alejandro Martinez drove in two runs, first with a RBI double in the fourth and later a solo home run to left field in the seventh.
- Joe Argumedo logged a RBI in the fourth inning as well.
- Tyler Bauman (2-0) earned the win for SLU, tossing seven innings of four-run ball.
- Peyton Isaacson earned his Sunshine State Conference leading sixth save of the year.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Patrick Dorrian and Jake Rouse each extended their streaks of reaching base to 13 consecutive games.
- Dorrian also has a six-game hitting streak.
Lynn concludes its three-game series with Saint Leo on Sunday, Feb. 25. First pitch is slated for noon. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.