Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team dropped the series opener at No. 12 Nova Southeastern 10-4 on Friday night. The Fighting Knights were hindered by six errors which led to five unearned runs. Tom Archer went 2-for-4 with a home run, and walk at the leadoff position.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 12 Nova Southeastern 10, Lynn 4
Records: Nova Southeastern (24-9, 16-3 SSC), Lynn (20-18, 9-13 SSC)
Location: NSU Baseball Complex| Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn trails in the series 55-54
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF TH GAME:
- Daniel Nuzzi earned his first start on the mound but was not helped out by his defense. Of the seven runs allowed, only two were earned over the 4.1 innings of work.
- Pat Dorrian was 3-for-4 with a home run two runs, a RBI and walk hitting third in the lineup.
- Alejandro Martinez also logged a multi-hit outing, gong 2-for-4.
- Lynn's offense walked five times while the pitching staff also issued five free pass and three hit batsmen.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Dorrian clubbed his team-leading 14th home run. That also puts him into a tie for second in the league.
- Both Dorrian and Archer rank in the top-seven in the SSC in batting average.
- Nuzzi is the ninth different pitcher to start a game for Lynn this year.
Game two of the series is set for a first pitch time of 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 14. Fans can watch the game live at LynnFightingKnights.com.