BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Lynn University baseball team capped off its home slate of games for the 2018 season with a doubleheader against Sunshine State Conference opponent Embry-Riddle on Saturday afternoon, dropping both ends of the twin bill to the Eagles. Embry-Riddle took game one 8-6 before posting an 8-5 win in the nightcap. The Fighting Knights honored 12 seniors with a ceremony prior to the start of game two.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Game 1 - Embry-Riddle 8, Lynn 6; Game 2 – Embry-Riddle 8, Lynn 5
Records: Lynn 20-23 (9-18 SSC), Embry-Riddle 15-25 (5-16 SSC)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads, 12-4 (Embry-Riddle swept season series)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Game 1
- Alec Ojeda paced the offense in game one, leading the team with three RBIs on two hits including a two-run home run off the scoreboard in right field.
- Patrick Dorrian laced a two-run triple in the seventh inning as part of a two-hit game in the opener.
- Joe Argumedo also tallied a two-hit performance, adding a run and an RBI to his stat line in the game.
- Jake Rouse drew a pair of walks in the contest and scored a run for the Fighting Knights.
- Rigo Beltran shouldered the loss, tossing 6.0 innings and allowing seven runs, four earned, on eight hits and a walk with four strikeouts.
- Victor Danza was effective in relief, closing out the game with 3.0 innings of work while allowing just one run on three hits and a walk. He struck out one.
- Game 2
- Dorrian led the offense in game two, jump starting the scoring in the first inning with a long home run to right field to stake the Fighting Knights to a 2-0 lead early. He finished the game 3-for-4.
- Tom Archer tallied two hits and a run out of the leadoff spot in the lineup as he was the only other Lynn batter to record a multi-hit game.
- Willie Seay and Gabe Gomez accounted for Lynn's other two hits, while Seay, Rouse and Gabe Martinez added runs in the loss.
- Philip Quinn earned a no-decision in the game, going 5.0 innings and allowing four runs on six hits and a walk. He struck out a career-high eight batters.
- Enrique Perez tossed the final 4.0 innings for Lynn, taking the loss as he allowed four runs, three earned, on six hits. He struck out four.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Dorrian extended his streak of reaching base safely to 42 games this season as he has either recorded at least one hit, walk or hit-by-pitch in all 42 appearances this season.
- Embry-Riddle scored exactly eight runs in all three games of the series.
- Five times Lynn scored exactly two runs in an inning across the doubleheader.
- The Fighting Knights look to break out of their funk this coming week as they are currently riding their longest losing streak since the 2010 season.
The Blue and White will play under the bright lights of the FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches on Wednesday night as they take on Keiser in a non-conference matchup. First pitch is slated for 6 p.m.