West Palm Beach, Fla. – The Lynn University baseball team led into the late innings on Wednesday night at the FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches, but a four-run ninth inning by Keiser proved too much to overcome as the Seahawks claimed an 8-5 victory in non-conference action. Alec Ojeda had a team-high three hits, while both starting pitchers earned no-decisions for their efforts.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Keiser 8, Lynn 5
Records: Lynn 20-24, Keiser 35-15
Location: FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches | West Palm Beach, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads, 20-6 (Lynn won head-to-head last year)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Ojeda's three-hit effort was his 10th multi-hit game of the season and second game with three or more hits. He had a pair of doubles off the wall in left field and drove in one run with a run scored.
- Gabe Martinez tallied a two-hit game, giving him 18 multi-hit games this season. The senior outfielder scored a run and finished the evening 2-for-5.
- Shayne Fontana had a two-hit night, reaching on a bunt single in the fourth inning and a base hit to right field in the sixth inning. He also drew a walk and scored a run in the loss.
- Patrick Dorrian drew three walks on the night, tying his career-high for a single game.
- Jonathon Wake logged a career-high six innings as he got the nod on the mound for the Blue and White, turning in a quality start with just three earned runs allowed. He walked two and struck out five while allowing seven hits.
- Ryan Orender and Zack Miednik each worked a scoreless inning out of the bullpen in relief of Wake.
- Billy Facteau shouldered the loss as he was charged with three earned runs in the ninth inning.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Dorrian's first-inning walk extended his current streak of reaching base via hit, walk or hit-by-pitch to 50 games dating back to last season. He has reached base safely in all 43 games he has played this season.
- Martinez and Dorrian are tied for the most multi-hit games on the team with 18 apiece.
- With Ojeda notching a three-hit game, Lynn has 11 players this season who have recorded three or more hits in a single game.
The Fighting Knights hit the road to Georgia this weekend as they take on Augusta State in a three-game series. Game one is slated for Friday evening at 6 p.m.