Augusta, Ga. – The Lynn University baseball team's road woes continued on Friday evening as the Fighting Knights dropped the first of a three-game series by a final score of 3-2 at Lake Olmstead Stadium to Augusta University. Alec Ojeda drove in both runs for the Blue and White with a base hit, while Victor Danza tossed 2.2 scoreless innings out of the bullpen.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Augusta 3, Lynn 2
Records: Lynn 20-25, Augusta 15-31
Location: Lake Olmstead Stadium | Augusta, Ga.
Series History: First ever meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Ojeda accounted for the entirety of Lynn's scoring output in the second inning, as he dropped a two-run single into center field to score Willie Seay and Jake Rouse.
- Seay and Rouse each reached base via base hits prior to scoring their runs as they were the only other Fighting Knight batters with hits in the game.
- Patrick Dorrian and Shayne Fontana each reached base via walk.
- Daniel Nuzzi shouldered the loss, allowing three earned runs in 5.1 innings of work with four strikeouts. He scattered five hits and a walk.
- Danza's outing was his longest scoreless outing this season, as he struck out three and allowed just four batters to reach base over 2.2 innings in relief.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Dorrian's first-inning walk extended his reached-base streak once again, putting him at 44 games this season and 51 dating back to the end of the 2017 season.
- Three runs is tied for the fewest allowed in a loss this season by the Blue and White.
- The Fighting Knights are just 1-3 in games played in the state of Georgia this season.
The two teams wrap up the series tomorrow with a doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m.