Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team delivered a dramatic come-from-behind victory to ring in its home opener on Saturday afternoon, downing the Bentley University Falcons 8-6. Alec Ojeda collected four hits, two doubles and a triple, and Shayne Fontana provided the go-ahead two-run home run in the eighth.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 8, Bentley 6
Records: Lynn (1-1), Bentley (0-2)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 1-0
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Ojeda was seeing the ball well at the dish, going 4-for-5 with two runs scored and an RBI.
- Alejandro Martinez continued his hot-hitting to start the season with a 2-for-4, two-RBI performance.
- Fontana broke the tie in the eighth with some flair after Ojeda's triple evened the score at 6-all, launching a two-run homer over the left field fence.
- Alec Hernandez escaped a jam in relief in the top of the eighth and then got the final three outs to earn the victory.
- Lynn hammered out 16 hits while the collection of Misael Castillo, Philip Quinn and Hernandez surrendered just four hits combined.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This was the first-ever matchup between Bentley and Lynn.
- Down 6-3 after 6.5 innings, the Blue and White scored five runs in their final two at-bats.
- The homer was the seventh of Fontana's career.
- Ojeda's triple was the second of his career.
- Lynn has now won three-straight home-openers.
The Blue and White host Tusculum tomorrow, Feb. 3 at 12:00 p.m. to conclude their opening weekend of competition.