Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team picked up right where it left off on Saturday afternoon, scoring a combined 29 runs on its way to two convincing victories, winning 18-2 and 11-0, respectively over the visiting Tuskegee University Golden Tigers. The Blue and White complete the three-game weekend sweep of Tuskegee by a combined aggregate score of 47-4.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Game 1 – Lynn 18, Tuskegee 2; Game 2 – Lynn 11, Tuskegee 0 (7)
Records: Lynn (5-1), Tuskegee (0-4)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 12-0
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Cal Bocchino hit his third homer in two days to open the scoring for Lynn, a solo shot in the second.
- Anthony Sanabria also went deep in the bottom of the second, a two-run homerun, his first of the season.
- A four-run fourth, which was capped by a two-RBI double from Michael Buckley, put the Fighting Knights ahead comfortably 10-0 after four.
- The Blue and White continued to pound the Tuskegee pitching staff into the later innings as Oscar Benitez Jr. hit his first home run of the season in the seventh to put Lynn up 15-0.
- Misael Castillo took the bump for Lynn in game one and earned the win, pitching 4.0 strong innings, striking out five and scattering three hits.
- Kendrick Pico, Anthony Masiello, Billy Facteau and Luis Beltran finished off the final 5.0 innings on the mound, allowing a combined two runs and just five hits.
- Alec Ojeda found his hitting stroke once again to begin the second game, hitting a solo homer to get Lynn on the board.
- Shayne Fontana got in on the home-run hitting parade in the second, launching a two-run shot to right center to put the Fighting Knights up 5-0.
- Lynn tacked on six more in the bottom of the fifth to cement the 11-0 final.
- Samuel Beck earned the win in game two and was excellent in his 5.0 innings on the mound, striking out six and giving up just three hits.
- Alec Hernandez and Ryan Orender pitched an inning of scoreless baseball each to complete the shutout for Lynn, its first of the season.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- In the opener, Lynn scored in every inning that it batted except for the first.
- Through five games at Lynn University Field, the Fighting Knights and their opponents have combined for 13 home runs.
- 15 different players collected hits for the Blue and White in the two games combined.
- Through the first two weekends, Lynn leads the SSC in batting average (.372), home runs (10), RBI (62) and slugging percentage (.651).
Winners of five of their first six games, the Fighting Knights will face off with Palm Beach Atlantic on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 6:00 p.m. for a non-conference, neutral tilt at Roger Dean Stadium.