Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team won its fifth-straight game on Tuesday afternoon, downing the visiting Concordia (N.Y.) College Clippers 6-2 at home. Zack Miednik, Vic Danza and Anthony Franco combined to allow just one hit in the game against the Clippers.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 6, Concordia 2
Records: Lynn (12-6, 3-3 SSC), Concordia (1-7)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field| Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 13-5
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Alejandro Martinez hit a homer for the second day in a row, a solo shot in the second inning, and added a sacrifice fly, batting in two runs for the Fighting Knights.
- Shayne Fontana also had two RBI, providing an RBI groundout in the fifth and an RBI single, which added some insurance for the Fighting Knights in the seventh.
- Anthony Sanabria finished the day going 2-for-3 with a run scored and an RBI triple.
- Miednik was solid in his first start of the season, pitching 3.0 innings and striking out six, giving up just one earned run on a solo shot in the fourth, the Clippers' lone hit.
- Danza picked up where Miednik left off, going 5.0 scoreless innings with three strikeouts.
- Franco came in to slam the door shut in the ninth, striking out two Clippers to finish off the victory for head coach Rudy Garbalosa.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the first one-hitter for the program since February 9, 2014, when Lynn limited Columbus State to one hit in a 3-1 victory.
- Through 13 games at Lynn University Field, the Fighting Knights and their opponents have combined for 30 home runs.
- Lynn's five consecutive wins matches its longest win streak of the season and six in-a-row would be its longest since winning 10 straight from March 10-24, 2018.
- With Martinez' HR, Lynn has hit 23 home runs on the season, most in the SSC.
- Lynn improves to 11-2 in true home games.
Lynn will enjoy a few days off before gearing up for its weekend home SSC series with Eckerd on March 8-9.