LANTANA, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team received an outstanding pitching performance from senior Ryan Orender, who struck out nine over 7.0 innings, to lead it to an 8-3 non-conference win on Monday against Caldwell University. James Buckley homered to help the Fighting Knights offensive effort, his second consecutive game with a home run.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 8, Caldwell 3
Records: Lynn (14-8, 4-5 SSC), Caldwell (2-2)
Location:Santaluces Athletic Complex | Lantana, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 2-0
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Buckley made his only hit count, launching a two-run shot over the right field fence in the sixth to provide insurance for Lynn.
- Orender settled down immediately after giving up two runs in the first, scattering five hits and striking out nine hitters over 7.0 innings of work.
- Josh LaPrest had two RBI and two hits, going 2-for-3 with a run scored.
- Seth Hojnacki pinch-hit in the ninth and picked up his first RBI of the season with a single down the left field line.
- Tanner Alvarado and Ben Fagan also collected one RBI and one hit with Alvarado scoring two runs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Orender retired nine straight batters from the second through the fourth innings, which included him striking out the side swinging in the third.
- Buckley's long ball ties him with Anthony Sanabria for the team and conference-lead with five a piece.
- Lynn is 9-3 in non-conference games this season.
- The Blue and White were considered the home team for this game although it was played away from their home field at a neutral site.
Lynn continues its non-conference slate with a matchup back on its home field tomorrow, March 12, at 3 p.m., taking on Adelphi University.