BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team was dropped by the Adelphi University Panthers in non-conference action on Tuesday afternoon, 16-5. Alejandro Martinez homered and had three hits to lead Lynn offensively.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Adelphi 16, Lynn 5
Records: Lynn (14-9, 4-5 SSC), Adelphi (4-2)
Location:Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 11-1
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Martinez went 3-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI, homering over the left field wall, his fourth of the season.
- Ben Fagan had two hits and an RBI, providing solid production in his second consecutive start at shortstop.
- Alec Hernandez and Jake Buxbaum each pitched scoreless innings in relief.
- AU's Thomas Colombo had two homers and a double, collecting five RBI.
- Lynn scored five runs in the first four innings, but was blanked the rest of the day.
- Adelphi racked up 18 hits and 16 runs, 14 of which came between the fourth and the end of the seventh.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Despite the loss, it was a very special day for the Fighting Knights as they participated in 'granting a wish' to special young man, Tyler Curry, who will now be traveling to Italy.
- Lynn is 9-4 in non-conference games this season.
- This was the first time in 12 matchups that Lynn fell to Adelphi.
- The Fighting Knights have four players with four or more home runs in Shayne Fontana, Martinez, Anthony Sanabria (5) and James Buckley (5).
Lynn continues its non-conference slate with a matchup on its home field Thursday, March 14, at 3 p.m., taking on Adelphi University.