Miami Shores, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team couldn't get its offense on track on Friday night, falling in a tightly-contested road game to Barry University in Sunshine State Conference (SSC) play, 4-1. Shayne Fontana provided the lone run for Lynn, launching a solo homer in the fourth.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final:Barry 4, Lynn 1
Records: Lynn (14-11, 4-6 SSC), Barry (17-4, 7-3 SSC)
Location:Feinbloom Field | Miami Shores, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 51-60-3
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Fontana made the most of his only hit, scoring the game's opening run on a solo shot to put Lynn up 1-0.
- Joe Argumedo had two hits in four at-bats.
- Nicholis Prather (2-4) took the loss despite pitching 6.0 innings and allowing just three runs, striking out seven.
- Barry had two homers in the game, which swung the momentum in its favor, taking the lead on a two-run shot in the bottom of the fourth and picking up a big insurance run on a solo homer in the bottom of the eighth.
- The Bucs' Frank Gonzalez II struck out 10 Fighting Knights in 7.0 innings to move to 4-0.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Four of the five combined runs scored occurred via home runs.
- Barry made four errors compared to just one for Lynn, but Lynn surrendered the game's only unearned run.
- The Fighting Knights stranded all eight of their baserunners.
- The Blue and White fall to 1-3 in SSC series openers in 2019.
Lynn continues its series in Miami Shores tomorrow, Saturday March 15, for a doubleheader with the Bucs, beginning at 1 p.m.