Melbourne, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team dropped its doubleheader with the Florida Tech Panthers on Saturday, falling 5-3 and 12-6 in Sunshine State Conference (SSC) play. Byron Murray totaled five RBI on the day, belting a homer and a double on his way to three hits.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Finals: FIT 5, Lynn 3, FIT 12, Lynn 6
Records: Florida Tech (19-14, 9-7 SSC), Lynn (16-20, 6-15 SSC)
Location: Andy Seminick-Les Hall Field | Melbourne, Fla.
All-Time Series: Florida Tech leads 48-41
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Murray hit a two-run homer in the fifth inning of game two, going a combined 3-for-7 with five RBI and a run scored in Lynn's two games.
- Shayne Fontana produced two hits in each game, finishing the day with a 4-for-8 effort, scoring four runs for the Blue and White.
- James Buckley went 3-for-4 in game two with an RBI.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Fontana has now reached base safely in 17 straight games. He also has 39 runs scored on the season, second-most in the SSC behind James Gronberg (40).
- A combined total of 18 batters were left on base by the Fighting Knights.
- The Blue and White have dropped five straight season series to Florida Tech dating back to 2014.
- Lynn falls to 1-6 in its 2019 SSC Series.
Lynn returns to Boca Raton for a three-game SSC series with Nova Southeastern April 12-14 at its home field.