BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team made a last-ditch effort for a comeback but left the tying run at the plate in the squad's 10-7 loss to Nova Southeastern on Saturday. James Buckley and Joe Argumedo combined to go 6-for-10 with five runs scored and two runs batted in.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Finals: NSU 10, Lynn 2
Records: Nova Southeastern (25-13, 14-9 SSC), Lynn (16-22, 6-17 SSC)
Location: Lynn Baseball Field | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 58-51 (Swept in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn trailed 8-1 heading into the eighth before scoring two in the eighth. Nova added two pivotal runs in the ninth before the Blue and White plated four more runs in the home half. The squad had the tying run at the plate but a ground ball to shortstop ended the rally.
- Buckley and Argumedo each went 3-for-5 at the plate. Buckley scored three times while Argumedo scored twice and drove in two with a two-run home run.
- Anthony Sanabria and Shayne Fontana each logged multi-hit outings and each drove in one run.
- Luis Beltran, Alec Ojeda and Tom Archer also drove in runs for the Blue & White.
- Zack Miednik (1-3) took the loss after allowing five runs on four hits over three innings of work.
- Anthony Franco tossed 3.2 innings of scoreless ball while surrendering four hits with a walk and strikeout.
- Lynn outhit Nova Southeastern 14-13.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn was 1-for-3 with the bases loaded, with the lone hit coming from Beltran late in the game.
- Argumedo hit his second home run of the season and first since March 16.
- Alejandro Martinez extended his streak of consecutive games reaching base to 13 games.
- Byron Murry and Fontana now have eight and seven-game hitting streaks.
Lynn looks to take the series finale when it meets up with Nova Southeastern on Sunday, April 14, at noon. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.