Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's baseball team couldn't overcome two early deficits, falling to the host-Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Eagles in a doubleheader, 9-1 and 11-4, respectively, on Saturday. Anthony Sanabria launched a two-run homer in the seventh inning of the game two and racked up three RBI in the game.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Finals: ERAU 9, Lynn 1, ERAU 11, Lynn 4
Records: Embry-Riddle (25-15, 14-7 SSC), Lynn (16-26, 6-21 SSC)
Location: Sliwa Stadium | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 12-4
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Sanabria added a sacrifice fly in the second before his homer scored Luis Beltran in the top of the seventh to account for all three of the Lynn RBI.
- Alejandro Martinez led the Fighting Knights with three hits on the day, going a combined 3-for-8 with a double and a run scored.
- Tom Archer went 2-for-4 in the nightcap, his third multi-hit game in his last four outings.
- The Blue and White managed just 11 combined hits in the two games.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Fontana has now reached base safely in 23 straight games.
- Sanabria's long ball was his sixth of the season and his first in 25 games.
- The Blue and White have now dropped 10 in-a-row and 18 of their last 20 games.
Lynn will take a break from its conference schedule next week, taking on Augusta State on the road, April 26-27.