Raleigh, NC. – Lynn University's men's basketball team traveled to take on North Carolina State in an exhibition game but fell at the hands of the Wolfpack by a score of 100-66 on Thursday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: North Carolina State 100, Lynn 66
Records: Lynn (0-0), North Carolina State (0-0) - Exhibition
Location: PNC Arena | Raleigh, NC
Series: First Meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- It was guard play with Terrell Rogers, Marquan Botley and Jamal Palmer that powered Lynn on a 14-0 run to get an early 14-3 lead on NC State.
- The Wolfpack called a time out and responded quickly with an 11-0 run of their own to tie the game at 14-14.
- Kevin O'Brien hit a three to tie the game at 25, but from there, the opponent outscored the Blue and White 19-5 to end the half, leading 44-30.
- The game of runs continued as NC State started the half with a 28-5 run, and never looked back.
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Rogers scored a team-high 18 points, with all his points coming within the three-point line and eight of those being at the charity stripe.
- O'Brien was the other Fighting Knight in double digits, with 12 points, all coming from beyond the arc.
- Palmer and Juwan Frazier narrowly miss a double figure performance with nine points apiece.
- Blue and White big man, Vieux Kande flirted with a double-double as he recorded seven points to go with his team-leading 11 rebounds.
- North Carolina State had five players score in double-figures, led by Dennis Smith, Jr., who had 22 points on the night to go along with six assists and five rebounds.
- Lynn shot 27.9 percent from the field while NC State hit 49.3 percent of its shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- The Fighting Knights broke in nine newcomers, including four freshman.
The Fighting Knights open their season on Saturday, Nov. 12, when they host Florida Memorial at the de Hoernle Sports & Cultural Center. Tip-off is slated for 7:30 pm and fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.