BOCA RATON, Fla. – The visiting Florida Southern Mocs could not find an answer for the strong inside play of the Lynn University men's basketball team on Wednesday night as the Fighting Knights controlled from wire-to-wire in an 80-56 Sunshine State Conference triumph. Senior Vieux Kande logged a career-high 23 points and rounded out a double-double with 11 boards to lead Lynn to its sixth consecutive victory.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 80, Florida Southern 56
Records: Lynn (8-4, 3-3 SSC), Florida Southern (4-10, 2-4 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: FSC leads 36-12
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Kande was hot from the start, finishing with a game-high 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting. He added 11 boards, an assist and a block in 27 minutes.
- Freshman and fellow center Kenneth Nwachukwu followed up with a career-high 12 points while converting all four of his attempts from the floor. In his third career start, Darius James added eight points while combining with Nwachukwu for 15 rebounds.
- Seeing his second start in the past three games, Terrell Rogers recorded 14 points and swiped three steals. Freshman guard Juwan Frazier chipped in 10 points and three steals while facilitating the offense with four assists.
- The Blue and White finished with a season-high 53.6 field-goal percentage (30-of-56) and limited the Mocs to a 32.7-percent performance from the floor.
- The Mocs missed all eight of their long-range attempts in the second half.
- Lynn is now on a six-game winning streak, its longest since a pair of six-game spurts in the 2014-15 season.
- The loss marked the Mocs' second-straight defeat against the Fighting Knights, marking the first time Lynn has won back-to-back games against Florida Southern since the 2006-07 season.
- All nine Fighting Knights dressed for the game saw action and also scored at least one point. Florida Southern fielded 13 different players throughout the game.
- Junior Morgan Garrison notched his first career point on a late free throw.
- Lynn's four made three-pointers ties its season low.
- Lynn never trailed in the game.
Lynn hits the road this weekend after being home for the past five games. The Fighting Knights will take on Embry-Riddle this Saturday, Jan. 7, at 7 p.m.