Daytona Beach, Fla. – A balanced scoring effort, including four members of the Lynn University men's basketball team scoring in double-digits and a 23-point boost from the Fighting Knight bench, was not enough as the Embry-Riddle Eagles outplayed the Blue and White in the second half to down the visiting squad in the final minute, 75-71, on Saturday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Embry-Riddle 75, Lynn 71
Records: Embry-Riddle (9-5), Lynn (8-5)
Location: ICI Center | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 3-2
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- It was a tale of two halves, as the Fighting Knights set off to a hot start, shooting 50% from the field, while only turning the ball over three times. In the second half, Lynn managed to give possession away eight times and only convert on 36.4% of their baskets.
- Four members of the Blue and White managed to reach double-digits in scoring. Marquan Botley and Juwan Frazier led the way with 13 points apiece, while Terrell Rogers and Darius James recorded 11 as well. All of Rogers' points came in the second half and managed to keep Lynn within striking distance.
- At the end of the night, the Eagles out-played the Fighting Knights in the paint (48-36), rebounding (44-38), turnovers (8-11), points off turnovers (18-13) and second-chance points (18-10).
- Each of the Lynn big men came up with seven or more boards. (Vieux Kande – 9, James – 8 and Kevin O'Brien – 7)
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's loss broke its six-game winning streak, its longest since a pair of six-game spurts in the 2014-15 season.
- This was the Eagles' third win against a Sunshine State Conference foe this season.
Lynn returns home after a brief road trip and returns to SSC play with a matchup against Saint Leo on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 7:30 p.m.