BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Sunshine State Conference's top defense unit was too stout for the Lynn University men's basketball team on Saturday afternoon as the Fighting Knights dropped a 70-56 decision at the hands of Eckerd College. The Tritons led wire-to-wire while the Blue and White struggled to convert from the field.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Eckerd 70, Lynn 54
Records: Eckerd (14-4, 7-3 SSC), Lynn (10-6, 5-4 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Eckerd leads 29-15
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- The Tritons outshot the home side for the game, 48.1-30.0%.
- Marquan Botley led the Fighting Knights' scoring effort with 14 points being a trio of treys while Kevin O'Brien was efficient from the field (4-of-8) with 10 points and a team-high seven boards.
- Eckerd had four players notch double figures, led by Kevin Walsh's 14 (4-of-7 from three).
- Over half of Lynn's made shots in the game came from behind the three-point line.
- The Fighting Knights suffered their first loss at home since Nov. 19. They had rattled off seven-straight home victories coming into tonight's contest.
- Eckerd received votes in both of this week's NABC and D2SIDA national polls.
- Lynn's two lowest scoring outputs and two lowest field goal percentages this season have come against the Tritons.
- Eckerd has won the past five matchups against Lynn, including a semifinal matchup in last year's SSC Tournament. The Tritons went on to be named SSC postseason champions.
The Fighting Knights head up the road to take on Palm Beach Atlantic this Wednesday, Jan. 25 for a 7:30 p.m. tipoff against the Sailfish.