West Palm Beach, Fla. – The Lynn University men's basketball team had a chance to send the game into overtime or put up a game-winner in the closing seconds on Wednesday night but the Fighting Knights were unable to get off a clean look before the buzzer. Miscues and giveaways plagued the Blue and White in the second half as the home Palm Beach Atlantic Sailfish escaped with a 62-60 Sunshine State Conference victory.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Palm Beach Atlantic 62, Lynn 60
Records: Palm Beach Atlantic (9-9, 5-6 SSC), Lynn (10-8, 5-6 SSC)
Location: Rubin Arena | West Palm Beach, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 14-10
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Vieux Kande led the way inside on both ends of the floor with a 10-point, 10-rebound double-double, marking his team-high fifth of the season. He shot 4-of-6 from the floor.
- Kevin O'Brien flushed four three-pointers for 12 points and five boards while Marquan Botley rounded out the double-digit scorers with 11 behind a pair of back-to-back second-half treys.
- Freshman Kenneth Nwachukwu came up big defensively in his first career start, recording a career-high four blocks. Fellow freshman Juwan Frazier facilitated the offense with a career-high six assists.
- PBA's Bakari Warthen led all players with 24 points on 10-of-14 shooting, including a posterizing dunk along the baseline.
- The Fighting Knights' 24 turnovers is a season-high and the most since Jan. 20 of last year when they committed 25 against PBA.
- With a win earlier this season in Boca Raton, the Sailfish secured the season sweep over Lynn. In the first matchup between these two teams, Kande secured a program-record 21 rebounds.
- Nwachukwu and Kande are the only two Fighting Knights with a four-block game this season.
- The two teams are now knotted up in the SSC season standings.
Lynn returns home this weekend for a 4 p.m. nonconference contest against Embry-Riddle on Saturday, Jan. 28.