BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's men's basketball team was unable to utilize a season-high 58.3 three-point shooting percentage on 14 makes and a career-high 27 points from forward Kevin O'Brien as it fell to No. 11 Barry 80-75 on Wednesday night. Down just one (76-75) with 34 seconds remaining, the Fighting Knights had an opportunity at putting up the go-ahead bucket but a costly turnover iced the game in favor of the Buccaneers.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: #11 Barry 80, Lynn 75
Records: Barry (18-2, 11-2 SSC), Lynn (10-10, 5-7 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports & Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Barry leads 25-28
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- O'Brien put up a career-best 27 points (7-of-9 from three-point land), along with nine rebounds and an assist.
- Botley scored 14 all in the second half, dished out four assists and grabbed three boards.
- In his first game since suffering an injury against Drury (Dec. 17), Jamal Palmer came off the bench to put up 14 points, four rebounds and two assists.
- Vieux Kande flirted with a double-double with seven points and a game-high 10 rebounds.
- Allen Baez had an efficient night with nine points and seven assists with only one turnover.
- Lynn's 14 three's is the third-highest team output of the season and two shy of the school record.
- Shooting 50 percent from the free-throw line ties a season-low. The last time the squad did that was against Eckerd (Nov. 30).
- Barry is ranked No. 11 in this week's NABC Coaches Poll and No. 7 in the D2SIDA Media Poll.
- The Bucs have now won the last five matchups in the de Hoernle Center in the series and 12 in a row in Boca Raton, which include Lynn's holiday tournaments. The win also sweeps the 2016-17 season series.
The Fighting Knights now enter their bye weekend, with their next contest on the road at Saint Leo on Feb. 8. Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m.