BOCA RATON, Fla. – Rollins College took control of the game early and never surrendered the edge on Saturday as the Lynn University men's basketball team fell to the Tars in Sunshine State Conference action, 92-80. Four players in the Blue and White scored in double figures while the point guards combined for nine of the squad's 18 assists.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Rollins 92, Lynn 80
Records: Rollins (15-10, 9-6 SSC), Lynn (11-11, 6-8 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Rollins leads 27-15
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Jamal Palmer and Juwan Frazier co-led the squad with 13 points apiece while Marquan Botley and Terrell Rogers each chipped in 12. Botley (5) and Frazier (4) combined for half of the team's helpers.
- Power forwards Kevin O'Brien and Darius James each approached double-doubles. O'Brien tallied nine points and eight rebounds while James logged eight and eight. Kenneth Nwachukwu hauled in a career-high nine rebounds.
- Rollins received a career performance out of Connor Mckim who flirted with a triple-double, notching 27 points, eight assists and seven boards while shooting 6-of-9 from long range.
- Lynn's bench outscored Rollins', 38-26, but the Tars outshot the Blue and White in all three phases of the game.
- Palmer has scored in double figures in all three games since returning from injury.
- Rollins has won four straight regular-season games over Lynn, but the Fighting Knights upset the Tars in the opening round of last year's SSC Tournament.
The Fighting Knights hit the road next week, battling Florida Tech on Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 7:30 p.m.