Melbourne, Fla. - Lynn University's men's basketball team saw Vieux Kande break his own program rebounding record and Marquan Botley drain seven threes to score 27 points but fall 97-89 to Florida Tech on Wednesday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Florida Tech 97, Lynn 89
Records: Florida Tech (13-12, 6-10 SSC), Lynn (11-12, 6-9 SSC)
Location: Clemente Center | Melbourne, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads the series 32-21 (Lynn won 102-94 in previous meeting Dec. 30, 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Kande closed out play with 25 rebounds, 17 on the defensive end and eight offensive. His 12 points on 5-of-8 shooting completed the double-double.
- Botley scored 19 of his 27 points in the first half and was 7-of-14 from downtown.
- Jamal Palmer and Darius James combined for 33 points and 10 rebounds.
- Despite being held scoreless, Allen Baez dished out seven assists.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Kande topped his own record of 21, set against Palm Beach Atlantic on Nov. 19, 2016
- Botley is averaging 29 points in two games against Florida Tech. He scored 31 against the Panthers in December.
- Palmer scored the most points since returning from injury.
- Lynn shot 80% from the charity stripe, its best mark since Nov. 27, 2016.
The Fighting Knights are back on the court Saturday, Feb. 18, at 7:30 pm when they travel to Lakeland, Fla., to battle Florida Southern. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.