Saint Leo, Fla. – Despite a pair of 21-point performances from both Jamal Palmer and Rasheed Worrell, Lynn University's men's basketball team was defeated on the road Saturday, falling to Saint Leo in Sunshine State Conference play, 80-73.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Saint Leo 80, Lynn 73
Records: Saint Leo (8-8, 4-2 SSC), Lynn (4-7, 1-4 SSC)
Location: Marion Bowman Activities Center | Saint Leo, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 35-11
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Worrell notched a season-high 21 points on efficient shooting, going 7-of-9 from the field for a season-best 77.8% success rate with a 6-of-9 effort from the charity stripe. He also neared a double-double with a team-best nine rebounds while posting two steals and a block on defense.
- Palmer reached 20+ points for the second time in the past three games in a team-high 30 minutes. He shot 8-of-15 from the floor with five boards, two assists and two steals.
- Michael Baez came off the bench and tacked on nine points, shooting a perfect 7-for-7 from the foul line.
- Kevin O'Brien recorded six points, five boards, an assist and a steal in 19 minutes of action.
- Ryan Peterson chipped in seven points off the bench and led his squad with a season-high five assists.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's starting five tallied 50 points with 42 combined from Worrell and Palmer.
- Peterson had never recorded more than two assists in a game prior to today.
- The Fighting Knights shot a season-low 14.3% from beyond the arc, converting two of their 14 attempts.
After a month and a half of being on the road, the Fighting Knights finally return home with an SSC tilt against Embry-Riddle on Wednesday, Jan. 3 at 7:30 p.m.