BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's men's basketball team logged season-high totals in made three-pointers and three-point shooting percentage en route to its first home victory of the season as the Fighting Knights downed the Embry-Riddle Eagles on Wednesday night in Sunshine State Conference action, 88-77. Brandon Bornelus and Jamal Palmer each poured in 19 points apiece to lead the Blue and White offense.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 88, Embry-Riddle 77
Records: Lynn (5-7, 2-4 SSC), Embry-Riddle (6-8, 0-6 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 4-3
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- In a team-high 35 minutes of action, Bornelus picked apart the Eagles' defense all night. He logged a career-high 19 points on 8-of-12 shooting while facilitating a team-best six assists. He also tacked on two boards and two steals with only one turnover.
- Palmer posted his 19 points with a 3-of-6 effort from beyond the arc, tying his career-high for made three-pointers. He rounded out a solid night with six rebounds, three assists and two steals with no turnovers while shooting 50% from the field.
- Ryan Peterson was hot out of the gates, going 4-of-5 from three-point land in the opening half. He finished with 14 points and six rebounds.
- Kevin O'Brien got in on the action with a pair of treys, totaling 13 points on the night with a team-high eight rebounds.
- Randy Bell contributed seven points, four assists and four boards in 14 minutes off the bench.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's 11 made threes and 44.0 three-point shooting percentage are both season-highs.
- Bornelus' previous career-high in scoring was 11.
- Embry-Riddle is the only team in the league still looking for its first SSC win of the season.
- Only eight players saw the floor for the Eagles.
- Lynn snaps a two-game skid and a three-game losing stretch against Embry-Riddle.
- Coming into tonight, the Fighting Knights had played nine consecutive games away from Boca Raton over the past month and a half after starting off the season with two home contests. Lynn moves to 1-2 at home in 2017-18.
After a quick trip home, the Fighting Knights ship back out on the road this weekend with a 7:30 p.m. SSC contest at Florida Southern on Saturday, Jan. 6.