Winter Park, Fla. – Lynn University's men's basketball team held a two-point advantage with six seconds left in regulation on Saturday but a clutch three-pointer at the buzzer gave Rollins College a 64-63 Sunshine State Conference triumph over the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Rollins 64, Lynn 63
Records: Rollins (14-7, 10-3 SSC), Lynn (10-9, 7-6 SSC)
Location: Warden Arena | Winter Park, Fla.
All-time Series: Rollins leads 30-15
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Rasheed Worrell had one of his best outings to date in the Blue and White, scoring a game-high-tying 18 points on 8-of-11 shooting to go along with a dominant four blocks on defense. He rounded out his night with six rebounds and two assists in 30 minutes of action.
- Michael Baez continues to provide a solid spark off the bench. He went 8-of-12 at the charity stripe for 14 points and hauled in a team-high nine boards.
- Brandon Bornelus flushed three triples for 11 points and dished a team-best four assists. He tacked on four rebounds and a steal.
- Kevin O'Brien knocked down a pair of long range bombs and brought in six rebounds.
- Rollins had just one player score in double figures as Jeff Merton poured in 18 – including the game-winning triple.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn utilized just three players of its bench.
- Worrell is the first Fighting Knight to record 4 or more blocks in a game this season.
- Daniel Cooper continues to see his role increase off the bench, playing a career-high 27 minutes in today's contest.
- Lynn's 63 points are the second lowest the team has scored in a game this season.
- With a win in Boca Raton early in the season, Rollins sweeps the season series against Lynn.
- The Tars have won 11 consecutive home games and six in a row overall, which is their longest winning streak of the season.
- Merton has hit two game-winning three-pointers at the buzzer in the last three games for Rollins.
Lynn returns home on Wednesday, Jan 31 for a 7:30 matchup with Florida Tech.