St. Petersburg, Fla. – The top two defenses in the Sunshine State Conference went to battle on Saturday afternoon in league action but it was host Eckerd College who came out on top the as the Tritons downed Lynn University's men's basketball team, 81-58.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Eckerd 81, Lynn 58
Records: Eckerd (17-5, 9-5), Lynn (11-10, 8-7 SSC)
Location: McArthur Center | St. Petersburg, Fla.
All-time Series: Eckerd leads 30-16
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- A trio of Fighting Knights just reached double figures, led by Rasheed Worrell's 11 points on 50% shooting (5-of-10). Worrell also led his squad on the glass with eight rebounds.
- Brandon Bornelus and Ryan Peterson each knocked down a pair from long range as the duo put up 10 points apiece while combining for five of the team's nine assists.
- Michael Baez logged six points and six rebounds in 24 minutes off the bench.
- Eckerd's Trevon Young had a monster game with 26 points and a career-high 17 rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn defeated Eckerd at home earlier this season, 78-74, behind a season-high 13 triples as a team.
- A total of 13 Fighting Knights saw minutes in today's game.
- The Fighting Knights' 58 points are the lowest they have scored in a game so far this season.
- Lynn committed a season-high 22 turnovers.
Lynn returns home this week, hosting Palm Beach Atlantic at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 7.