Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's men's basketball team broke away from a halftime tie and held off a late push to pick up a 79-73 Sunshine State Conference victory at Embry-Riddle on Saturday. Four Fighting Knights scored 15+ points in the win.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 79, Embry-Riddle 73
Records: Lynn (13-10, 10-7 SSC), Embry-Riddle (10-14, 4-12 SSC)
Location: ICI Center | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 5-3
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Four Fighting Knights carried the bulk of the offense, scoring over 15 each, led by Michael Baez's 18 off the bench.
- Baez played just 16 minutes, but went 6-of-8 from the field and 4-of-5 from beyond the arc for a team-high 18 points. He added four rebounds and a block.
- Ryan Peterson led Lynn in scoring at the break with 10, finishing his night with 17 points and a team-high nine rebounds while shooting a perfect 7-for-7 at the charity stripe.
- Brandon Bornelus also poured in 17 points, with 15 coming from long range. He tacked on five assists and five rebounds.
- Rasheed Worrell rounded out Lynn's double-digit scorers with 16 points and eight boards.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- With a home win earlier this year over the Eagles, Lynn picks up its third season sweep of the year.
- Lynn now joins three other teams with 10 SSC wins on the season, as Barry is in first at 11-5.
- Embry-Riddle played just eight players in the game.
- Jamal Palmer dished 5+ assists (6) for the second time in his career.
Tonight was Lynn's final regular-season road game of the year as the squad closes out the campaign with three straight in Boca Raton. Florida Southern is up next this Wednesday, Feb. 14, at 7:30 p.m.