College Park, Md. – Lynn University's men's basketball team was ultimately outmatched and outsized Tuesday night as the Blue and White fell in exhibition action at NCAA Division I University of Maryland, 100-67. Four Fighting Knights scored in double figures to lead the offensive efforts.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Maryland 100, Lynn 67
Records: Lynn (0-0), Maryland (0-0)
Location: XFINITY Center | College Park, Md.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Brandon Bornelus, Michael Baez, Hunter Parrish and Ryan Peterson all tallied 10 points apiece for the Blue and White.
- Bornelus knocked down both of Lynn's triples on the night, while leading the squad in assists (4) and steals (3).
- Baez (4-for-4) and Peterson (6-for-6) did most of their damage with efficient outings at the free-throw line.
- Parrish came off the bench, shooting 4-of-8 from the field with five rebounds.
- Daniel Cooper led the Fighting Knights on the boards with seven rebounds and recorded one of his team's two blocks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn wraps up its preseason of exhibition contests, going 1-1 against Division I opponents with a 92-87 victory over Florida Atlantic last Saturday.
- The Fighting Knights struggled from long range, going 2-of-18 from three including 0-for-10 in the second half.
- It was Maryland's first action of the season and last tune-up before the regular season starts. The 2018-19 season is Maryland's 100th year of the men's basketball program.
- Every Fighting Knight in attendance saw action Tuesday night. Branden Ellis, Gibson Louis, Javon Taylor, Joseph Pestkowski and Max Zegarowski al made their Lynn debuts. Morgan Garrison made his season debut.
The Fighting Knights open up the regular season at home next Friday, Nov. 9, against Clark Atlanta at 7:30 p.m.