Tampa, Fla. – Lynn University's 17th-ranked men's basketball team got back into the win column on Saturday afternoon with an 85-81 Sunshine State Conference victory over the Tampa Spartans. Jamal Palmer had a team-high 24 points, while Rasheed Worrell tallied his second double-double of the season with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: #17 Lynn 85, Tampa 81
Records: Lynn (14-2, 7-2 SSC), Tampa (9-8, 3-6 SSC)
Location: Bob Martinez Athletics Center | Tampa, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 26-21
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Palmer saw a game-high 36 minutes on the floor, shooting 50% from the field and 3-for-5 from three-point land. He added an additional three points from the line on four attempts while dishing out three assists with a game-high three steals.
- Worrell found himself in double-digits in the rebound column for the second time this season and made 7-of-9 free throw attempts. He also tallied four assists and a block.
- In his first start in over two months, Darius Moore added 17 points, including 12 points from beyond the arc (4-of-8).
- Michael Baez was the final double-digit scorer for the Blue and White. He shot 50% from the field for 19 points, tacking on five boards and two assists.
- Tampa's Anthony Gamble scored a game-high 26 points, shooting 4-for-9 from long range and a perfect 6-for-6 from the charity stripe.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Palmer has scored 20+ points in three of his last four games. He is averaging 19.2 PPG in January.
- Seven made free throws is a season-high for Worrell. It is the most for him since he was 8-for-14 against Nova Southeastern on Nov. 13, 2017.
- Lynn came into today's game ranked 17thnationally in the National Association of Basketball Coaches and the D2SIDA National Media polls.
- The Fighting Knights came into the game ranked second in the SSC defensively, allowing 69.2 PPG. Tampa is ranked third, allowing 71.2 PPG.
Lynn hosts SSC rival Barry on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. in the deHoernle Sports and Cultural Center. Fans can watch the action live on the Lynn Sports Network.