DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Lynn University men's basketball was back on the floor after more than a week off and they didn't show any rust. Christian Peevy and Jordan Allen combined for 52 points leading the Fighting Knights past Embry-Riddle.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 95, Embry-Riddle 89
Records: Lynn (2-0, 1-0), Embry-Riddle (6-1, 1-1)
Location: ICI Center| Daytona Beach, Fla.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Peevy led all scorers with 29 points. He added seven rebounds and a pair of steals.
- Allen scored more points than all but two other players with his 23. He pulled down six boards and handed out four assists.
- Darius Moore only scored four points, but had a game-high 12 dimes.
- Branden Ellis came off the bench to score 14. The super athletic sophomore was one rebound shy of a double-double.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Peevy missed just two shots all night. One from the field and one from the line.
- Lynn led 27-26 with just over five minutes left in the first half and outscored the Eagles 12-5 and took a lead into the break they would never give back.
Lynn returns home on Tuesday night looking to move to 3-0 when they take on Johnson & Wales at 7. If you can't make it to the de Hoernle Center you can follow along live at LynnFightingKnights.com