Daytona Beach, Fla. - Lynn University's men's golf team was back to the grind at the Gary Freeman B-CU Spring less than two days after winning the South/Southeast Super Regional Preview. The Fighting Knights lead by 10 shots heading to the final day while four of the five starters are within the top-five individually.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Location: Daytona Beach, Fla. | LPGA International - Jones Course
History at Course: First appearance at course and tournament
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn built an imposing lead early on in the tournament and held strong the remaining holes, posting an 18-under par 558. The team was 13-under after the opening 18-holes.
- Morehead State sits in second with a score of 568, with Stetson & Florida Atlantic (576) tied for third and host Bethune-Cookman (578) rounding out the top-five.
- Jose Miranda is seven-under par after the first two rounds, posting a 137. He has a one shot lead over Thomas DeMarco of Morehead St. and two shot advantage over teammate Manuel Torres (139).
- The duo of Martin Cancino and Elliott Whitley are tied for fifth with scores of 141, giving Lynn four golfers in the top-five.
- Andreas Tancred is just outside the top-10, ending the day tied for 13th with a score of 146 and Mateo Gomez shot a 146.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD
- Miranda sank 11 birdies which leads the tournament field.
- Torres played a flawless, bogey-free first round, sinking six birdies to go along with 12 pars to finish six-under. He shot a one-over par 73 in the second round.
Lynn looks for its second consecutive, and third overall, tournament victory when it concludes play in the Gary Freeman B-CU Spring Invitational on Friday, March 4. Keep up with live stats at LynnFightingKnights.com and receive updates by following @Lynn_Knights on Twitter and Instagram.