Valdosta, Ga. - Lynn University's men's golf team shot a second round of 290 to move into third place after the second round of the First Federal Southeastern Collegiate. Mateo Gomez remains in the top-five for the Fighting Knights individually.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Location: Kinderlou Forest Golf Club | Valdosta, Ga.
History at Event: 19 consecutive years (Four runner-up finishes; last 2015)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn was consistent up and down the lineup in shooting a 290. The team is seven shots back of leader West Florida (573), who overtook Florida Southern (575) for the lead. Top-ranked Saint Leo is fourth (581) and Barry (583) rounds out the top-five.
- The Fighting Knights did not have a golfer shoot over 74.
- Mateo Gomez and Elliott Whitley each logged rounds of even par 72.
- Martin Cancino and Manuel Torres carded rounds of 73 apiece with Jose Miranda collecting a second consecutive round of 74.
INSIDE THE SCORECARD:
- Gomez is tied for fifth individually while Cancino is tied for 14th.
- Cancino leads the field in par 5 scoring at five-under par. Torres and Gomez are each two-under par on par 3 holes while Gomez is one-under on par 4 holes.
- Gomez is tied for second with 28 pars with Miranda just behind his teammate with 27 par putts.
ON THE LINKS NEXT:
The Fighting Knights are looking for their third consecutive tournament victory by taking part in the final round of the First Federal Southeastern Collegiate. Lynn tees off in the final grouping beginning at 10 am from the first hole. Fans can keep up with the action at LynnFightingKnights.com.