Eatonton, Ga. – Lynn University's men's golf team shot a tournament-best second round to break free of the pack and take a 13-stroke lead heading into the final day of competition. Jose Miranda is tied for the individual lead as well.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Location: The Golf Club of Cuscowilla | Eatonton, Ga.
History at Event: Seventh consecutive year participating (won three times; last 2013)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- A tight opening round between Lynn and No. 2 Saint Leo widened after the Fighting Knights posted a tournament-low one-over par 281. Lynn (567) leads the Lions (580) by 13 strokes heading into the final day.
- Florida Southern (581) is third followed by Nova Southeastern (583) and Columbus State (584) and Barry (584).
- Jose Miranda came off the first tee in the zone and never looked back in the first round, shooting a tournament-best 66. He logged a 73 in the second round and is tied for first with a 36-hole score of one-under par 139.
- Elliott Whitley played an opposite round of Miranda, shooting a 73 to start the day before firing a one-under 69 in the second-half of the afternoon. He is tied for fourth with a 142, along with teammate Mateo Gomez, who carded consecutive rounds of 71.
- Manuel Torres and Martin Cancino each found their footing in the second round, posting scores of 70 and 71.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Miranda has never finished in the top-10 at the Bobcat Invitational.
- Of the 17 teams in attendance, seven are ranked in the nation's top-10 and a total of 10 are within the top30.
- Lynn has won this event three times in school history: 2013, 2011 and 2010.
The Fighting Knights conclude play in the Bobcat Invitational on Tuesday, March 22. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.