Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. – One of the lowest team rounds of the season was followed by the highest as Lynn University's top-ranked men's golf team is tied for the lead after 36-holes of competition at the GolfRank Invitational. Three Fighting Knights are within the top-10, led by Andreas Tancred and Felix Kvarnstrom.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Location: PGA National – Champions Course | Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
History at Event: 11th consecutive year at PGA National (won in 2010)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn played exceptional golf in the opening round, posting an eight-under par 280 before the afternoon to finish with a one-over par 577, tying with Barry. Johnson & Wales (583) and Keiser (587) are third & fourth, followed by host Nova Southeastern (588).
- Swedes Kvarnsrom and Tancred posted identical rounds of 67 and 75 for a two-under par 142. The duo is tied for fourth, three shots back of the leader Niclas Weiland of Barry.
- Mateo Gomez posted scores of 70-73 for a 143 score and a share of seventh place.
- Carlos Bustos was the only golfer in the starting five to improve from the first and seconds rounds, shooting a 76-74 for 150 total, followed by Martin Cancino, who shot a 157.
- Manuel Torres is tied for 14th as an individual, carding scores of 72-73 for a one-over 145.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Both scores of 67 were career-bests for Kvarnstrom and Tancred.
- Lynn is looking to open the season with three consecutive victories for the first time in program history while the three consecutive wins overall would tie a school mark.
Lynn is back on the links to conclude the GolfRank Invitational on Tuesday, Oct. 25, with an 8:30 shotgun start. Fans can keep up with the action at LynnFightingKnights.com.