Marble Falls, Texas – Lynn University's top-ranked men's golf team is in third place after 36-holes of the Golfweek D2 Fall Invitational as it pursues its fourth consecutive victory to start the year. Manuel Torres is in contention for the individual lead while Felix Kvarnstrom is just outside the top-10.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Location: Horseshoe Bay Resort | Marble Falls, Texas
History at Tournament: Second appearance at GolfWeek Fall Invite (5th place in 2013)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights posted consecutive rounds of 295 for a 14-over par 590 total. Second-ranked West Florida (578) is first followed by Dallas Baptist (586), Lynn, sixth-ranked Barry (593) and fifth-ranked Missouri-St. Louis (597).
- Torres began the day with the tournament's second-lowest round, 67, before connecting on a 75 in round two. He sank six birdies in the morning and 10 overall and is tied for third with a two-under 142.
- Felix Kvarnstrom is tied for 11th with a three-over 147. He came alive in the second round with a one-under 71.
- Martin Cancino is next on the team with consecutive rounds of 74, to put him into a tie for 18th place.
- Mateo Gomez and Carlos Bustos round out the Blue & White contingent with identical scores of 78-75=153.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn leads the field in par 4 (+17) and par 5 (-7) scoring as well as with 38 birdie putts but ranks in the middle in par 3 (+13) scoring and pars (92).
- Individually, three Fighting Knights are within the top-five of total birdies (Torres-10, Bustos-8 and Kvarnstrom-8).
The Blue & White is back in action in the final round beginning with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start from holes one-through-three. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.