Baton Rouge, La. – Lynn University's men's golf team is tied for sixth after the first round at the David Toms Intercollegiate hosted by LSU. Toto Gana is pacing the Fighting Knights and is tied for 16th.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standings: T-6th out of 13 teams
History at Event: First appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn shot 303 as a team in the NCAA Division I tournament and only one shot off the top-five. The Blue and White are 15 shots back of the leader, host LSU (288). North Texas (291) is second, followed by Southeastern Louisiana (298), McNeese State (300) and Southern Illinois (302).
- Gana posted an opening round two-over par 74 and is six-shots behind North Texas' Andrew Hudson and Central Arkansas' Lewis George.
- Manuel Torres is tied for 21stafter shooting a three-over 75.
- Felix Kvarnstrom and Jorge Villar each logged scores of 77 while Carlos Bustos rounded out the contingent with an 84, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Torres is tied for third in par 3 scoring (-1), Kvarnstrom is tied for fourth in par 4 scoring (E) and Gana is T-13th in par 5 scoring (-1).
- Torres is tied for the field lead in total pars (13).
Lynn University is back on the links for the final 36-holes with and 8 am CT shotgun start. Fans can receive more information at LynnFightingKnights.com.