Baton Rouge, La. – Lynn University's men's golf squad shot the second-lowest total on the day to push the team into a fourth place finish in a rain shortened David Toms Intercollegiate. The Fighting Knights extended their string of consecutive top-five finishes to 24 straight tournaments.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standings: 4th out of 13 teams
History at Event: First appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White (593) recorded a two-over par 290 as a team to move into sole possession of fourth place in the NCAA Division I tournament. Host LSU (565) claimed top honors followed by North Texas (582), McNeese State (592), Lynn and Central Arkansas 597).
- Manuel Torres was the only member of Lynn's squad to shoot under par, carding a one-under 71 for a 36-hole total of 146 (+2), securing sole possession of 14th. He started three-over par over his first three holes but closed out play with four birdies in his last 15 holes.
- Gana headed to the clubhouse with a second consecutive score of 74, tying him for 16th, while Jorge Villar tallied an even par 72.
- Felix Kvarnstrom improved four strokes for a 73 while Carlos Bustos bettered his score by nine-shots from the previous round for a 75 total.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn's 290 in the final round was the third-lowest during the tournament and only behind LSU (288-277).
- Torres was tie for the field lead in par 3 scoring (-1) and was second in total pars with 25.
- The last time Lynn finished outside the top-five was at the Guy Harvey Invitational Oct. 13, 2015.
- The Fighting Knights tied with LSU with 109 pars as a team and was third in par 4 scoring (+4).
- Villar was one of 10 golfers in the tournament to sink an eagle.
Lynn University is back on the links at the Innis Brook Intercollegiate hosted by West Florida at the Innis Brook Resort. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.