Innisbrook, Fla. - Lynn University's men's golf team is two shots back of the lead and three golfers are within the top-10 after 36-holes of the Copperhead Championship. Freshman Jorge Villar is pacing the Fighting Knights at two-under par.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standings: 2nd out of 15 teams
History at Event: First Appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Lynn shot an even par 284 in the opening round and was +4 in round two. The Blue and White's 572 is two shots back of Nova Southeastern (570) with Florida Southern and host West Florida (575) tied for third and Lander, Lee and Valdosta (584) tied for fifth.
• Villa mixed three birdies with four bogeys over the first 18 and was flawless over the next 18 holes with 15 pars and three birdies. He is tied for third and two shots back of the leader Alberto Castagnara of Saint Leo.
• Manuel Torres and Toto Gana are each tied for ninth. Torres posted a two-under par 69 and followed with a 74 while Gana's three-under 68 came before a 75.
• Felix Kvarnstrom shot a 149 and Carlos Bustos added a 151.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
• The Fighting Knights lead the field in par 3 scoring (-4) and fourth in par 4 (+23) and par 5 (-3) scoring.
• Lynn is tied for third in total birdies (27).
• Gana shares the lead in par 3 scoring (-3) and Villa is tied for second in par 5 scoring (-4).
The Fighting Knights tee off in the final round of the Copperhead Championship at 9:45 am as they look for their first tournament victory of the season. Fans can keep up with live scoring at LynnFightingKnights.com.