Doral, Fla. – Lynn University's men's golf team teed-off in its final tournament of the fall season and is eighth out of 14 teams at the Miami Intercollegiate. Toto Gana is tied for eighth individually after shooting a second round 67.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Results: 8th out of 14 teams
Location: Doral Golf Resort | Doral, Fla.
History at Event: First appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn posted scores of 292-290 for a 582 total. West Florida (555) is the leader followed by Florida Southern (559), Nova Southeastern (564), Florida Tech (573) and Barry (576).
- Gana started the morning with a four-over par 74 before carding the three-under 67 over the second 18 holes. He is tied for eighth.
- Manuel Torres matched his teammate's second round total but shot a 76 in the opening round. He is tied for 16th.
- Felix Kvarnstrom, Jorge Villar and Tyronne Clark are all tied for 52nd. Kvarnstrom shot 72-79, Villar 74-77 and Clarke 72-79.
- Lynn sent three golfers as individuals with Tyler Carlson leading the way. The freshman shot rounds of 76-73 and is tied for 43rd. Justin Wynen logged scores of 78-73 and Zachary Bariso shot 87-70.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn has logged 25 consecutive top-five team finishes heading into the Miami Intercollegiate.
- Clarke was making his debut in the starting five.
- Wynen is making his first career appearance with the Blue and White.
- Gana's 67 is a career-best.
Lynn closes out play at the Miami Intercollegiate on Tuesday, Oct. 31, beginning at 8:30 am.