Valdosta, Ga. – Lynn University's men's golf team was the only squad to shoot under par in the second round, making a jump 10 positions into third place after the second round of the Southeastern Collegiate. Felix Kvarnstrom carded the second-lowest round in the tournament and vaulted into 14th place while Manuel Torres is within the top-10.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 3rd of 18 teams – Second Round
Location: Kinderlou Forest GC | Valdosta, Ga..
Par/Yardage: 72/7,363 yards
History at Event: 22nd consecutive year participating (three-time runner-up)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights were two-under par on the day, heading to the clubhouse with a 286, the lowest round of the day. Lynn moved from 13th place to third and trails co-leaders Newberry and West Florida (575) by five shots (580). Florida Southern is tied for fourth along with Barry (581).
- Torres is tied for seventh after a second consecutive round of par or better. He would shoot an even par 72 after exchanging two birdies and two bogeys. He is seven shots back of leader Chandler Blanchet of West Florida.
- Kvarnstrom had the biggest round of the day, and second-best score of the tournament. His nearly perfect scorecard red four birdies and a bogey on the front nine and three birdies and six pars on the back for a six-under 66.
- Tyrone Clarke and Carlos Bustos each tallied rounds of 74 and nearly mirrored each other on the scorecard. Each connected on two birdies on the back nine and one on the front but Bustos ended his day with bogeys on five of his last six holes. Clarke bogeys his seventh hole of the day and added four bogeys on his last seven holes.
- Jorge Villar was the drop score for Lynn with a three-over 75. He birdied two holes and added five bogeys.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Kvarnstrom's 66 is a career-low and is the lowest round by a member of the Fighting Knights this season. It is the lowest round by a member of Lynn since Torres shot a 66 in the 2016 NCAA Regional Tournament.
- The Blue and White lead the field with 119 total pars and are tied for the field lead in par 5 scoring (+5).
- Kvarnstrom shares the lead in par 4 scoring (-3), Clarke is tied for eighth in par 5 scoring (-3).
- Torres is second in total pars (29)
The Fighting Knights moved into the final threesome and tee off the third round beginning at 11 a.m. from the No. 1 hole. Fans can keep up with action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.