Eatonton, Ga. – Lynn University's men's golf team rallied back from a sub-par opening round to tie for the lowest team score of the tournament and is tied for fifth after 36-holes at the Bobcat Invitational. Manuel Torres is tied for fifth individually at two-under par.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: T-5th out of 15 teams – second round
Location: Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee | Eatonton, Ga.
History at Event: Ninth consecutive appearance (Won in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016 & 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White were 14-over par as a team after 18-holes but picked up the pace and shot a two-under 278 in the second round to jump five positions into a tie for fifth with Nova Southeastern. South Carolina-Aiken (557) is the only school under par as a team with Barry (561) lurking in second followed by Florida Southern (564) and West Florida (570).
- Torres was once again the leader of the charge for Lynn. He shot a two-over 72 in the opening round but sank five birdies to one bogey in the latter half of the day to end with a four-under 66. He is five shots back of the leader.
- Jorge sank three birdies to one bogey through his first seven holes but two bogeys to close the round put him with an even par 70. He then shot a three-over par 73 and is tied for 20th.
- Tyrone Clarke tallied 30 pars on the day. He sank 16 pars in the first 18-holes with two bogeys and had 14 pars, one birdie and three bogeys for consecutive rounds of 72.
- Carlos Bustos had quite the improvement from round-to-round. The sophomore was 10-over par after 18-holes but rallied back with four birdies through nine holes in the second round. Five pars started his back nine with only two bogeys ending the day.
- Felix Kvarnstrom had a near identical improvement, shedding 10 shots from each round.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Should Torres place in the top-10, it would be the 14th of his career, tying him for fifth in program history.
- Lynn has the most tournament victories at the Bobcat Invitational since 2010 and has twice won back-to-back Bobcat titles.
The Fighting Knights tees off the final round with a 9 a.m. shotgun start from holes Nos. 4-7 in a three-team pairings with Nova Southeastern and West Florida. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.