Eatonton, Ga. – Lynn University's men's golf team tied for sixth at the Bobcat Invitational. Jorge Villar was the low scorer for the Fighting Knights while setting a new 54-hole career-best total.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: T-6th out of 15 teams
Location: Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee | Eatonton, Ga.
History at Event: Ninth consecutive appearance (Won in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016 & 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn shot 296 as a team and closed out the two-day tournament with a total of 868, 22 shots behind winner South Carolina-Aiken (846). West Florida (848) claimed second followed by Barry (851), Florida Southern (862) and Nova Southeastern (865).
- Villar carded a final round one-over par 71 to finish with a 214 total and in a tie for 13th place and two shots out of the top-10.
- Manuel Torres hit a snag on the final round, posting a 79 to end play with a 217 total. He tied for 23rd individually.
- Carlos Bustos could not replicate his second round 68 but still managed a 72 for a 220 total.
- Tyrone Clark was fourth on the squad with a 226 and Felix Kvarnstrom shot a 228, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD
- Villar's 214 was one shot better than his previous career-best 54-hole total of 215, set at the Matlock Invitational.
The Blue and White have little time off as they compete at the FAU Spring Championship beginning on Friday, March 23, at Osprey Point in Boca Raton. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.