Innisbrook, Fla. - Lynn University's third-ranked men's golf team sits tied for eighth after 36-holes of the Second Annual Copperhead Championship. Jorge Villar has been a steady hand for the Fighting Knights as he is tied for sixth individually.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: T-8th out of 16 teams
Location: Innisbrook Resort – Copperhead Course | Innisbrook, Fla.
History at Event: Second appearance (T-4th last year)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn submitted rounds of 293-290 for a 583 total. The squad is 29 shots back of the leader, No. 1 Barry (554). Queens (N.C.) is second at 566 followed by Georgia Southwestern (572), West Florida (572) and Limestone (575).
- Villar was the only member of the Blue and White to shoot under par in both rounds. Round one saw him connect on six birdies and four bogeys. He shot near perfect golf in round two with three birdies and one bogey. Villar (-4) is four shots back of the leader, Conor Richards of Barry.
- Gana recorded pars on 29 of the 36 holes on the day. He was two-over par through 18 holes but was two-under in round two. He is even for the tournament and tied for 16th.
- Carlos Bustos showed a four-stroke improvement between rounds, ending the day with a two-over 73.
- Ethan Dong made his starting five debut, posting a 76 in the opening round and a 78 in the second round. He is tied with Felix Kvarnstrom as the duo both have scores of 154.
- Tyrone Clarke played as an individual and came out of the games strong with a two-under 69. He logged a 75 in the second-half of the day and is tied for 20th.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- This tournament features 11 schools from the top-25, including the top-seven teams.
- All five teams which make up the top-five, Barry, Florida Southern, Lynn, Saint Leo and Nova Southeastern, hail from the Sunshine State Conference.
- Lynn is tied for the lead in par 3 scoring (+1) but is near the bottom in par 4 scoring (+32).
- Both Gana and Villar share the par 3 scoring lead (-3) while Gana has the most pars in the field (29). Villar is tied for sixth in birdies (9).
- Villar has shot par or better in a team-best five of the eight rounds he has played this season.
Lynn tees-off the final round beginning at 7:45 am from the first tee box. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.