Seaside, Calif. – Carlos Bustos has a three stoke lead and the Lynn University men's golf team is tied for second following 36-holes at the Otter Invitational.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Location: Seaside, Calif. | Bayonet and Blackhorse Country Club
History at Event: Fifth appearance (won in 2005 & 2016)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn was six-under par after the first round and ended the day three-under par overall (573) and one shot back of Barry (572). The Fighting Knights are tied with Chico State and one shot ahead of West Florida (574). Host CSU Monterey Bay (584) and UC San Diego are tied for fifth.
- Bustos held a one-stroke lead following a four-under 68 and extended his advantage with a three-under par 69. West Florida's Jacob Huizinga and UCSD's Justin Woo are tied for second.
- Felix Kvarnstrom is one of six golfers tied for sixth at one-under par. He shot a one-over 73 to start the day and ended with a two-under 70.
- Toto Gana is tied for 19th and is two-over par through 36-holes.
- Jorge Villar shot a three-under 69 and is tied for 25th following a second round 78.
- Tyrone Clarke rounds out the Lynn contingent with a 160.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Bustos is the only golfer to shoot under 70 in consecutive rounds.
- This is Villar's fifth round of 69 or better.
- Lynn is carrying the field in par 4 scoring (+9) and is tied for third with 106 pars.
- Bustos (-4) and Kvarnstrom (-2) are one-two in par 4 scoring and Bustos is tied for third in par 5 scoring (-5).
- Bustos has the field lead in total birdies (14) and Villar is third in total pars (26).
The round of the Otter Invitational will be a shotgun format with Lynn teeing off from holes one-through-four beginning at 11 am ET. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.