Kiawah Island, S.C. – Low temperatures and high winds brought scores way up and dropped Lynn University's men's golf team to a fourth place finish at the Newberry College Invitational. Both Carlos Bustos and Toto Gana placed within the top-10.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Results: 4th out of 18 teams
Location: Kiawah Island – Ocean Course| Kiawah Island, S.C.
History at Event: First Appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn's 319 was 23 strokes-higher than its first round score and fifth-lowest on the day but the team's 903 total was fourth behind winner Young Harris (896), Florida Southern (898) and Florida Tech (902). The Blue and White was one shot ahead of Georgia Southwestern (904).
- Bustos finished eighth with a 54-hole score of 221, one shot ahead of Gana (222), who tied for ninth.
- Mariano Ayora Gomez shot a 233 with Agustin Errazuriz 234 and Tyronne Clark 235.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is Bustos' second top-10 finish of the season and seventh of his career.
- Gana has four top-10 finishes this season and 11 in his career.
- Lynn's 319, which was the fifth-best score of the day, is the highest round for the program since the Wildcat Preview Classic on Oct. 9, 2001.
The Fighting Knights are back on the links Sunday, Mar. 10, when they take part in the Southeastern Collegiate at the Kinderlou Forest Golf Club in Valdosta, Ga. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.