Eatonton, Ga. – Lynn University's second-ranked men's golf team pushed past a crowded field after the first round to take the lead after 36-holes at the Bobcat Invitational. The Fighting Knights have three golfers inside the top-four with another just on the outside looking in.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 1st out of 15 teams
Location: Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee | Eatonton, Ga.
History at Event: 10th consecutive appearance (Won in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016 & 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn (557) trailed by three strokes through 18 holes until the squad fired a six-under par 274 to grab a two-shot lead over Florida Southern (559). Top-ranked Barry (562) is third followed by Lander (570) and South Carolina-Aiken (571) and Clayton State (571).
- Toto Gana overcame a woeful start to improve by nine strokes for a second round 65. He is tied for fourth with two of his teammates and is one-under for the tournament.
- Agustin Errazuriz and Jorge Villar had matching rounds of 70-69 for a one-under 139, tying Gana for fourth place. The trio is four shots back of Jorge Garcia from Barry.
- Giovanni Manzoni is only a shot back of the top-10 with an even par 140 (69-71).
- Carlos Bustos is the odd man out of the starting five with a score of 147.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn's five victories at the Bobcat Invitational is the most in the tournament's history, more than double the next total (two).
- The Fighting Knights also have two individual Bobcat Invite wins (Jose Andres Miranda – 2016 and Daniel Young – 2012).
- Lynn is one of two teams to be under par after two rounds.
- Gana's 65 is a tournament-best and also his career-best
- It is the second-lowest round of the year after Jorge Villar's 64 at the NCAA D2 Preview.
Lynn wraps up play at the Bobcat Invitational on Tuesday, March 19. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.