Miami Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's men's golf team is locked in a battle for first place with host Barry University after 36-holes of the Battle at the Shores. The two teams are the only schools to shoot under par and have a 20-shot lead over third place. Agustin Errazuriz has a one-shot lead for first place while two of his teammates are within the top-five.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 2nd of 15 teams
Location: Normandy Shores Golf Club | Miami Beach, Fla.
Par/Yardage: 71 / 6,733
History at Event: Fifth consecutive appearance, 13th overall (Won in 2005 & 2015; Fifth in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn is eight-under par as a team following rounds of 279-281=560. The second-ranked Blue and White trail the No. 1 Buccaners by two shots (558) heading to the final day. Central Oklahoma (580) is third with Florida Tech (581) fourth and Flagler (584) fifth.
- Errazuriz put on a display, sinking 11 birdies with five bogeys for rounds of 67-69. His 136 is one-shot better than Barry's Jorge Garcia.
- Toto Gana is tied for third with a 139. He was even par after the first round but shot a three-under 68 in the second half of the day building on four birdies and one bogey.
- Giovanni Manzoni rebounded from a one-over 72 to start the day to card a three-under 68 in round two. He is tied for fourth with a 140 total.
- Carlos Bustos had the ball bounce his way in the morning with a 68 but ended the day with a 79 for a 148 total. Jorge Villar is tied with his team with a 148.
- Guillermo Casares and Mariano Ayora Gomez each competed as individuals. Casares logged scores of 73-74 for a 147 and Gomez went 75-76=151.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- This is the firs time this season Errazuriz has posted consecutive rounds of 69 or better.
- Five of the eight rounds Manzoni has played this season are under par.
- Lynn and Barry are the only schools to shoot under par through 36-holes.
- The Fighting Knights are the only team with three golfers inside the top-five.
- Errazuriz leads the field in birdies and par 4 scoring (-2).
- Only two golfers have made more pars than Gana (27).
- Manozni is in a five-way tie for first in par 5 scoring (-5) along with Errazuriz.
- Gana and Villar are locked in a six-way tie for par 3 scoring (-3).
- Villar is one of six golfers to drain an eagle after scoring a three on the par 5 No. 18 hole.
Due to rain in the forecast Lynn will tee-off the final round with an 8:30 am shotgun start. Fans can keep up with action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.