Miami Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's men's golf team finished second at the Battle of the Shores on Tuesday afternoon with Agustin Errazuriz tying for second individually. Errazuriz was one of three Fighting Knights to finish within the top-five.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Result: 2nd of 15 teams
Location: Normandy Shores Golf Club | Miami Beach, Fla.
Par/Yardage: 71 / 6,733
History at Event: Fifth consecutive appearance, 13th overall (Won in 2005 & 2015; Fifth in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn managed just a 292 team score in the final round to finish with a 54-hole total of 852, 14-strokes behind winner and host Barry (838). Central Oklahoma (866) placed third followed by Florida Tech (870) and Flagler (882).
- Errazuriz led for much of the tournament but faltered over the final four holes to move into a tie for second. He finished the day with a three-over par 74 and his 210 was two shots back of Barry's Jorge Garcia.
- Toto Gana and Giovanni Manzoni each tied for fifth with one-under par 212s. Manzoni had the lowest round of the starting five with a 72, with four birdies and five bogeys. Gana was +4 on the front nine before shooting two-under on the back for a 73.
- Jorge Villar and Carlos Bustos closed out play with scores of 221 and 222.
- Playing as an individual, Mariano Ayora Gomez had his best round of the tournament with an even par 71. He finished with a 222. Guillermo Casares ended play with a 225.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Casares was making his Fighting Knights debut. He becomes the fourth freshman to see the links this season (Errazuriz, Manzoni and Gomez).
- Errazuriz has improved in each of his last three tournaments with scores of 217, 214 and now a career-best 210.
- All three of Manzoni's totals have been 214 or under.
- This is the fifth tournament this season where either Barry or Lynn have finished first and second.
- The Fighting Knights trailed only Barry in par 3 (+4), par 4 (+25) and par 5 (-17) scoring and led the field with 55 birdies.
- Villar and Gana tied for fourth in par 3 scoring (-1).
- Errazuriz (+2), Manzoni (+3), Gana (+4) and Bustos (+4) were all within the top-seven in par 4 scoring.
- Errazuriz (14) and Manzoni (12) were first and second in total pars.
Lynn takes part in the Sunshine State Championship beginning on Sunday, May 14, at the Lake Jovita Golf Club in Saint Leo, Fla. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.