Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. – Lynn University's top-ranked men's golf team finished the first round of the NSU Shark Invitational but a two-hour rain delay halted play and saw the second round cut short due to light. The Fighting Knights sit in seventh place while Giovanni Manzoni is tied for fourth individually.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standings: 7th of 11 teams
Location: PGA National – Champion Course | Palm Beach Gardens, Fla..
Par / Yardage: 72 / 6,815
History at Event: 12th appearance (won in 2016 and 2010)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn posted a 304 in the opening round, 14-shots back of leader Keiser University (290). Georgia Southwestern (292) is second followed by Florida Tech (298), Saint Leo (300) and West Florida/Nova Southeastern (303).
- Manzoni was even par for the round, sinking 14 pars along with two birdies and two bogeys.
- Jorge Villar is tied for 20th with a four-over 76 and Toto Gana added a six-over 78.
- Justin Wynen (78) and Tyrone Clarke (81) earned their first starts with the Blue and White.
- Mariano Ayora Gomez and Guillermo Casares played as individuals in the tournament, shooting rounds of 77 and 80, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn was scheduled to play 36-holes on the first day but finished 4-5 holes short of completing the second round.
- This is third tournament Clarke and Wynen have played in together but first as part of the starting five.
Lynn is back on the links for an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Fans can keep up with live scoring at LynnFightingKnights.com.